Saturday 7 March 2015

7th March 2015

I did a doodle today as it's 'Social Media Saturday', where I will doodle a social media story that has stuck in my mind this week. Funny, worrying, weird or wonderful, anything seems to go in Social Media World.

And this week? World Book Day saw schools across the country embracing literature and those characters that have made a mark on children. Schools have started a trend of allowing pupils to dress up and come to school as their favourite character from a book. So what, oh what, were the reasons behind an eleven year old boy turning up as Christian Grey from 50 Shades of Grey? His favourite character? He even turned up to school carrying cable ties and a black mask.

So many questions and so many inappropriate things about this. Has he read the book? Have his parents talked about the book with him? Did his parents think this was a funny joke? What did the other children at the school (as young as 5) think about it? I won't go on, I think you get the point. Let's hope his parents do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Doodle Diary. Have you sneaked a peak at my Stories and Stuff Blog? No... no time like the present!
http://vrheal.blogspot.co.uk/